Make a post (public, friends-locked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all. The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post (it'll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.
Surf around your friends-list (or wish_list) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes your “trash” is another's treasure.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
1. Anything Clark/Oliver (Smallville)- icons, fanfic, GIFs, fanmixes, manips, fanvids (I'd love you forever if you made a Clark/Ollie fanvid)- I'll take it. After all this time, they're still my OTP and it's sad that there's a lack of love for them.
2. Anything Smallville-related! I would especially appreciate something that had both Clois & Chlollie and treated both ships and the people in it with respect. Or something Chlo-Lo related because their relationship is so underappreciated in a fandom that likes to pit the two girls against each other.
3. Anything really related to any of my fandoms. My ships are on my profile.
4. A new header. I have been wanting to change my layout for a while, and if anyone could make me a header, I would really appreciate it. My favorite characters are Clark, Lois and Oliver but I wouldn't mind if Chloe and Tess there too.
5. A Clark/Lois fanvid to 'Don't Rush' by Jay Sean. I've always imagined this could be a good vidding song for the two of them.
6. Rec things. Seriously. It's a great way to spread the love, and I would love to see more people make rec lists. Also, if you find a fic/art/fanvid you enjoy, comment. A few nice words goes a long way.
7. This is a long stretch, but no more fandom wank. If you come across someone who is being unreasonable, ignore them. Please remember to that just because we're on a computer and not face to face, it doesn't mean that we don't have feelings and words can hurt.
8. For my friends and family (real life and online) to have a happy, healthy, and safe holidays. I hope the upcoming year treats you all well and brings the people I care about prosperity and joy.
If you have your own list, please link me to it in the comments! Happy Holidays everyone! :)