I was wondering what your take is on comments and commenting. Whether it is for random life posts, stories, polls, meta, etc.
1) Is it important to comment on everything you read?
2) Do you expect comments on every post?
3) What is the most important thing you feel should be commented on? Is it fics? Is it personal life? Is it meta?
4) Would you rather get a negative comment or no comment at all?
5) If you run into something that you don't like, whether it is a badly written fic or a topic that makes you angry, would you respond to the post or would you just ignore it?
6) Is it important for you to respond to every comment? How far do you take it? If the person responds more than once (like replies to your response), do you keep responding or do you feel it is only necessary to reply once?
7) How do you feel about other people responding to comments? Does their lack of a reply discourage you from making a comment on their journal later on?
8) How about older posts? If you make a post on something and someone comments a few weeks down the line, do you still go back and respond?
9) How much detail do you put into your responses, whether commenting on a fic or a meta post? How much detail do you expect or prefer in your feedback? And how much detail do you expect/put in responses?
I don't expect answers on every single question. I was just wondering generally what your thoughts were and those questions were just an idea on what to focus on.
So if you've got a few minutes, drop me a line!
Thanks in advance!